The “City in the Country” may be best known for its neighborly, family-friendly status, but did you know Poway is also a hub great craft beer? That’s right, this little town just north of San Diego is brewing up some unique craft beer experiences and embracing everything San Diego County’s craft beer scene has to offer. Here’s just a taste of what Poway has to offer:
- Lightning Brewery – A cornerstone of San Diego breweries since 2006 and the first brewery in Poway, Lightning Brewery
consistently satisfies with their lager and German style beer. Their Lightning Kolsch and Thunderweizen Ale should top your list of must-trys from their extensive sel
ection. While you are there, say hi to Head Brewer and President Jim Crute and his team who are some of the nicest people around.
- Green Flash Cellar 3 – Opened in 2015, Cellar 3 is Green Flash’s second tasting room in San Diego County and it’s located right in the heart of Poway. Cellar 3 is focused on innovation and art, with barrel aging and wild yeast experimentation happening while patrons enjoy rotating craft beer tasters and selections from food trucks.
- Distillers Outlet has an amazing selection of the newest and hard to find craft beers. Pair that with the knowledge of the staff and you’ll never leave empty handed or unsatisfied.
- California Keg & Liquor – Tucked away at the end of Poway Road, you can stop by this shop to order hard-to-find kegs filled with all sorts of craft beer options.
- Express Liquor & Market – Never mind the unassuming name, this Poway store is always stocked with new and unique bottles to take home.
- Company Pub & Kitchen – Can’t get much better than this for a local craft beer deal — come by for Poway Wednesdays and get 9.2064% off your bill from 6-9 pm with a valid ID showing Poway’s 92064 zip code.
- Phileas Foggs – With over 200 beers ready to enjoy, it’s no surprise this place was named best San Diego beer bar by the San Diego Union-Tribune. The food has British flair, but the beer screams local, featuring plenty of regional craft brews.
- Poway Irish Pub – This spot’s got over a dozen taps, a menu design to “to satisfy the hungriest of brew lovers,” and live music every Friday and Saturday night.
- Bruski Burgers & Brew – This restaurant takes the classic burger and brew combo to another level with 24 beers on tap ready to wash down chef-prepared comfort food. Beer selection changes daily. Try a few with a $10 flight of four 4.5 ounce tasters.
Discover more with Growing Bitter!